Cutting an Internal Thread does not have to be done by hand and can be done by machine. This blog will demonstrate how to cut and internal thread using a power drilling machine and a Machine Tap Tool. By following similar steps to the blog on “how to cut an internal thread by hand”, this 6 Step Guide will explore the automated effortless process with the use of machine rather than manually by hand.
Tools Required Include:
HOW TO CUT AN INTERNAL THREAD
- Firstly, a hole in the applicational surface is required. Due to the size and diameter of the hole, a Jobber Twist Drill is also required. RUKO Shop UK supplies a range of Twist Drill Bits available to purchase. Using cutting spray throughout this process will enhance the service life and surface quality of the hole drilling process.
- Secondly, the hole will now require a countersinking process to allow better entry for cutting the thread. RUKO Shop UK offers a range of both RUKO and Terrax Countersinks and Countersink Sets and Accessories here.
- Now begins the process of the internal thread cut. Attach the Machine Tap to the Drilling Machine (or Hand Power Drill Device).
- Steadily apply pressure down into the hole whilst the drill is in motion. After a few runs, the tap pulls itself into the worksurface.
- Once the tap pulling process is complete, switch the machine to drill in the opposite direction to remove the Machine Tap from the worksurface.
- The result should enable a smooth screw hole within the surface application to allow a screw to fit in place.
For visual aid, check out our YouTube Video demonstrations below for further assistance.
Still Require Assistance? Contact a member of the RUKO Shop UK Team for help.
Thread Cutting Tools such as Hand Taps, Machine Taps, Dies and full sets of Tap and Die Kits are stocked at the RUKO Shop UK. Purchase single items or sets of Tap and Die Tools with Free Next Working Day Delivery on orders over £50.
Share this post
- 0 comments
- Tags: Construction Tools, DIY, Drills, HOW TO, Machine Taps, RUKO, Step by Step Guide/Demonstration, Tap & Die, TERRAX